Friday, May 27, 2016

Memorial Day

1. What is Memorial Day?
Memorial Day is when we remember those who died in honor while serving for the military services.
2.When is it?
It is traditionally May 30th, but it is now becoming observed on the last Monday of May.
3. What are some ways to show honor and respect on Memorial Day?
You can show your honor and respect on Memorial Day by sending letters to soldiers, visiting a nearby veteran's cemetery or war memorial. You can also visit a veteran's hospital and deliver the patients cookies, flowers, or write them thank you cards. You can always do what most people do and watch the National Memorial Day Parade in person or on television, and spend leisure time with your family.
4. Add Pictures:

5. Include anything else of interest pertaining to Memorial Day
I did not know there was a National Memorial Day Parade until just recently. 6. What are a few things you will do on Memorial Day to show honor and respect?  
In respect for this holiday I will watch the National Memorial Day Parade.
7. Write a reflection of at least 8 sentences about your thoughts and feelings of Memorial Day.  
Memorial Day is a great holiday. It means a lot to those who have relatives that have served in the army. It shows that they are much appreciated, and are honorable for what they have done. I enjoy memorial day because my family gets the day off from work and we are all able to spend leisure time together. I am really interested in seeing the National Memorial Day Parade now that I am aware of its existence. I am wondering what they will do at such an event, and my interest is peaked. I will celebrate Memorial Day this way from now on if a good show is put on. For anyone who has served in the military services, I'd now like to say thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment