Tuesday, May 3, 2016

“ I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor.’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls- walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk like around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.” - Karl G. Maesar

Example: Stand me next to the dog and ask me for my word of honor to take care of it. If I give my word, I will keep an eye on that dog until told otherwise.

Reflection: If you give your word, that is a promise.Promises can also be seen as character. If you don’t keep your word people will not believe you in the future.You must always keep your promises because you are staying true to yourself and your character. If you CTR you will never have to even consider breaking your promises. If you CTR 24/7 it will become part of you and you will lead a life of only fulfilled promises. I would never break my promise because breaking promise is never the right thing to do nor will it be fair to anyone. If you break a promise it shows how weak minded you are and how it can affect anyone you want it to affect.

No comments:

Post a Comment